This course gives a broad overview and understanding of the steps and documents needed to raise funds for a business venture.
What will the course cover?
Module 1: Assessing your investment potential
- Getting started
- The team – Building a strong team with a shared vision
- Barriers – Developing an original business concept that makes your company stands out
- The product – Developing a product that solves a real customer problems
- Market – Better understand your niche market to optimize growth
Module 2: Six basic ways to raise funds
- A start-up funding overview
- Your first investors: Family, friends or angel investors
- Angel investing
- Venture capital
Module 3: Preparing for fundraising
- Creating a story for your business.
- Getting your metrics right
- Investors do not invest in your start-up. They invest in your team
- Building relationships with investors
Module 4. Developing a business case framework
- Understanding a business case
- 6D framework to develop your business case
- Elements of a business case
- Case studies
Module 5: Structuring a “Pitch” deck
- An overview about a pitch deck
- Structuring you deck to win
- Frequent questions from investors
- Pitch deck examples from successful start-ups
Who is your coach?
David Wells M.Bus (IIBA) is an entrepreneur and founder of seven companies over the last four decades. He now works with entrepreneurs, businesses and industry groups so to enable them to become investment ready, to better commercialise their ideas and prototypes, to raise investment funds and to structure their businesses so to boost growth and profitability. He does this by gaining an understanding of his clients’ problems and goals, analysing their needs, facilitating solutions, devising implementation strategies for the solutions, driving organisational change and facilitating stakeholder collaboration with the objective of reversing negative growth, which enables them to become investment ready and to have a robust and well-constructed business through the development of clear and achievable Strategic and Operational plans.
Which teaching method will be applied?
|eClasses (Online coaching)||eConversations (Live instructor training)|
|6 weeks: 30 hours||6 weeks: 12 hours|
Our innovation courses are designed based on the learning curve as shown in the chart below:
IBI Blended eLearning was designed to achieve a good balance between group learning and real time discussion, self-study and interactive learning, which is conducted by competence based teachers and experts to completely replace classroom training.
IBI Online Teaching Method | Explanation Video